- Round-the-clock doctor availability
- Broad range of Specialities
- Detailed digital prescriptions
- Order medicines & tests online
- Digitised health records
How Doctor Consultation Works
HOW TO CONSULT A DOCTOR ONLINE VIA TEXT/AUDIO/VIDEO?
Choose the doctor
Book a slot
Be present in the consult room on apollo247.com at the time of consult
Receive prescriptions instantly
Follow Up via text - Valid upto 7 days
To enjoy services provided by Apollo 247 on Mobile, download our App
Apollo 24|7 Specialities - Expertise You Can Trust
A medical specialty is a specific area of medical practice that mainly focuses on a defined set of diseases, patients, philosophy, or skills. Examples include Paediatrics, Dermatology, Psychiatry, Gynaecology, and more.
Apollo 24|7 offers advanced services for a range of medical specialities, including:
- Dermatology - A specialised branch of medicine that focuses on hair, nails, and skin-related disorders. Dermatology also encompasses conditions that affect the thin lining of your mouth, eyelids, and nose.
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology - Two major medical specialities that focus on women’s reproductive health. Obstetrics involves care during pregnancy, childbirth and after-delivery, while gynaecology specialises in issues related to women’s reproductive health.
- General Physician/Internal Medicine - General Physicians are highly experienced medical doctors who provide a broad range of non-surgical medical and health care to their patients. An internal medicine physician is a specified medical doctor who is highly proficient in internal medicine.
- Paediatrics - It majorly focuses on the health and medical care of children, infants, and young adults.
- Psychiatry - A specialised area of medicine that focuses majorly on the detection, treatment, and prevention of emotional, behavioural, and mental health disorders.
- Neurology - It is a specific medical branch that focuses on diagnosing and treating nervous system disorders, which includes the brain, nerves, muscles, and blood vessels.
- Endocrinology - A specific area of medicine that is related to the study of the endocrine system. The endocrine glands produce hormones that help monitor various functions in the body, including metabolism, growth, and development.
- Cardiology - It is a specialty of internal medicine concerned with heart-related disorders. Cardiology focuses on detecting and treating electrophysiology, congenital heart defects, heart failure, coronary artery, valvular heart disease, and other related conditions.
- Gastroenterology/GI Medicine - A specific branch of medicine that mainly focuses on the functions and diseases of the digestive tract, liver bile ducts, gallbladder, and pancreas.
- COVID Consult - COVID-19 also known as novel coronavirus may trigger infections of the lower and upper respiratory tracts. If you are experiencing body ache, shortness of breath, dry cough, or fever, you must get an online consultation with the Apollo 24|7 experts.
- Orthopaedics - A specific branch of medicine that majorly focuses on treating injuries and diseases related to the musculoskeletal system of the body.
- Family Physician - A medical doctor who provides care to people of all age groups and gender. A family physician specialises in diagnosing chronic conditions, checking for signs or symptoms, providing preventative care, and referring people to specialists, if needed.
Why Choose Online Consultation?
There are several ways to reach out to a doctor without the need to visit a hospital or clinic, all thanks to technology. With the online facility available, doctor consultations have become easier, which can help you get the right health care.
Benefits for choosing Apollo 24|7’s online doctor consultations:
- Highly-qualified doctors are available 24x7 for you
- Emergency medical services are available
- Get online consultations within 15 minutes
- Affordable rates and personalised solutions
- Instant online consultations anytime, anywhere
When to Consult a Doctor?
If your health issues are complicated and your general practitioner feels that it needs immediate medical attention from a specialised doctor, you may be recommended to one. You can also get an online consultation with a medical specialist if you aren’t satisfied with the results.
How to Consult a Doctor?
Consult a doctor online with Apollo 24|7
Prioritise your health by choosing from 100+ medical specialities and 4000+ doctors online. Avail personalised healthcare solutions for any health concern with imperative online doctor consultations at Apollo 24|7.
Steps to book an online doctor consultation:
- Choose the doctor
- Book your appointment
- Make the payment
- Be available in the consultation room on time
- Get your prescriptions instantly
- Constant follow-ups via text till next 7 days
How to consult a doctor offline through the Apollo 24|7 app or website?
- Choose the medical doctor
- Book your appointment
- Visit the medical doctor at clinic or hospital
- Make the payment
- Get your prescriptions instantly
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an online doctor consultation or online medical consultation?
When you speak to a doctor about your health concerns through an audio/video/ chat, it is known as an online doctor consultation or online medical consultation. This is a good alternative for times when you cannot visit a doctor physically at the clinic or hospital. An online doctor consultation works the same way as a physical consultation where you get a prescription after the consultation is complete. Some of the benefits of an online medical consultation at Apollo 24/7 are that you can consult a doctor at the convenience of your home and can order the prescribed medicines by using the ‘Order Medicines’ option.
How do I consult a doctor online now?
You can book an online consultation either on the website or mobile app of Apollo 24/7 in two ways. Click on the ‘Find a Doctor’ button on the homepage of the website/app, select a specialty or type the name of the doctor directly. Once you select a doctor, you can click on the “Consult Now’ button to start the online consultation. If you're looking for a doctor based on your symptoms, you may start by going to the homepage of the website/app. Then click on the ‘Track Symptoms’ tab, search for your symptoms or select a few of them based on your health condition. Click ‘Show Doctors’, select a doctor and click on the ‘Consult Now’ button to start the online consultation.
Do you provide online doctor consultation for emergencies?
No. We do not recommend or provide online consultations for emergencies. However, our emergency medical services are available round-the-clock which can be accessed by calling 1066 or clicking the ‘Emergency’ tab on the homepage of our website/app.
During the online doctor consultation, the audio/video was not clear.
This may happen due to poor internet connectivity or due to some technical glitch. In such cases, please check your internet connection and if the issue persists, please email us at email@example.com with the screenshot of the error and we will get this checked from our end.
Where is my doctor's note for the online doctor consultation?
You can find your doctor's note for your online consult on the ‘Health Records’ tab. Once you click on this tab, you will be able to view/download your doctor's note by clicking on the ‘Consults & Rx’ tab.
What is the minimum fee for online doctor consultation?
Online doctor consultation at Apollo 24/7 starts at Rs.200. The consultation fee will vary based on the doctor, the specialty, years of experience of the doctor, any discounts or promotion applied, etc.
How do I pay for the online/offline doctor consultations?
Online consultations are prepaid and the payment can be made by either of the given ways – Paytm, Debit/Credit Card, and Netbanking. For offline consultations, you will need to make a partial payment online and the rest can be paid to the doctor at the hospital/clinic.
Will I get a refund if I cancel the online doctor consultation?
Yes. If you cancel the online consultation, the refund for the same will reflect in your account within 5 to 7 working days.
Is the doctor's note generated by the doctor during online consultation valid?
Yes. The doctor's note generated during the online consultation is as good as a physical doctor's note and will be valid for 6 months from the date of issue (as per government regulations).
What is a specialist doctor?
A doctor who has done a specialization/training in a specific area of medicine after completing his/her M.B.B.S degree is known as a specialist doctor. He/she can treat complex health issues which a primary doctor may be unable to.
When should you consult a specialist doctor?
If your health concern is complex and your physician feels that it needs the attention of a specialised doctor, you will be referred to one. You can also consult a specialist doctor if you aren’t satisfied with the treatment/results of your primary doctor, you are struggling with a condition that is not improving, you have been diagnosed with a complex chronic condition, etc.
Why is it best to consult a specialist doctor?
A specialist doctor is trained to treat complex health conditions which your primary doctor may not be able to. Hence, if you are diagnosed with a complex chronic condition, it is best that you consult a specialist doctor. However, for other normal and generic health conditions, you can visit a primary doctor.
How do I book an online appointment with a specialist doctor in advance for tomorrow or later?
To book an online appointment with a specialist doctor, you can select the speciality from the displayed list or type in the name of the speciality. Once you select the speciality, you will be shown a list of doctors and their availability. If you wish to book an online appointment for a later time, you can choose the doctors that have ‘Consult Tomorrow’ or ‘Consult in 2 days’, ‘Consult in 3 days,’ etc. You can also choose the ‘Schedule for Later’ option after selecting the doctor and clicking on the ‘Consult Now’ button.
For how long can I speak to the doctor?
Once you book an online consultation on our app, you will get 15 minutes to speak to the doctor. This window can, however, change according to your health condition and the number of queries you have.
How do I book a follow-up session with the same doctor on the app?
To book a follow-up session with the same doctor, select the ‘Active Appointments’ tab on the home page or ‘Appointments’ tab on the bottom menu bar of the app. After that, you can click on the ‘Schedule A Follow-Up’ button to book a follow-up consultation. Alternatively, you can also go to ‘Health Records’ section on the app, select ‘Consults & Rx’, select the appointment card and click on the ‘Schedule A Follow-Up’ button.
Will my online consultation be covered in my health insurance?
To know if your online consultation is covered in your health insurance policy, you will need to get in touch with your insurance provider. They will be able to guide you on the same.
Can I share doctor's note/test reports during my consultation?
Yes. You have an option to share your doctor's note and test reports with the doctor during an online consultation. You can do so by clicking on the plus sign (+) present on the bottom left of the screen.
What happens if my call gets disconnected during the consultation?
If your audio/video call gets disconnected during the online consultation, you would receive another call within a few minutes provided your internet connection is stable.
Where do I find the chat option?
After you've booked an online consultation, you can go to the ‘Appointments’ tab, select the ‘Active Appointments’ tab and click on the appointment card. Then click on the ‘Prepare for Consult’ tab. You will be directed to a chat window. Fill in the required details, and you're all set to be consulted by a doctor at your selected time.
Why have I not received a response from the doctor?
Though a rarity, this may happen sometimes if your doctor is busy but there is no need to worry. Your appointment will get rescheduled automatically for the next available slot.
How do I claim a refund if I am not satisfied with the consultation?
If for some reasons, you are unsatisfied with the quality of the consultation, you can claim for a refund by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I missed the consultation call from the doctor. What do I do now?
If you've missed a call from the doctor, you can go to the chat window and request a call by simply chatting with the doctor. In case the doctor is unavailable, you can reschedule the consultation. If you aren't happy with the date and timings, you can email us at email@example.com, and we'll get back to you in no time with a better solution.
Will my e-doctor's note be valid for offline pharmacies?
Yes. The e-doctor's note will be valid for offline pharmacies as well. However, we recommend you to use the e-doctor's note to purchase medicines on the Apollo 24/7 platform itself. It is easy and the ordered medicines can be delivered to you within a couple of hours (depending on your location).